ARL Main, Mapes Auditorium(Map)
This is one feline benefit you won't want to miss! Every year it is a SELL OUT EVENT and we want you to join us at ARL Main on Thursday, June 25 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and enjoy entertainment, food, a silent auction, cash bar, and more -- all to celebrate and benefit the felines in our care! The silent auction items are sure to interest the humans and we have plenty of items to pamper your favorite feline, too! ARL Cat Behavior Specialist, Carol Griglione, will present on various cat behavior topics that are sure to entertain and educate you!
CALLING ALL CAT LOVERS: We are continuing our unique feature from last year’s Cat’s Meow. We are in need of your help finding porcelain kitty donations. Figurines can be found at thrift stores, Craigslist, Etsy or if you have any in your house you are needing a new home for! Each kitty “rescued” will be a part of our Lavender Project (Last year we did a Pink Project) – all will be up for adoption come June to a new owner – so please note you will not be getting your kitty back! See below for requirements and an example:
- Cats must be made out of ceramic or porcelain. That means: No resin, no wood, no plastic and no glass please.
- Vintage cats work the best. Please don’t visit your local dollar general store to get a load of cats. Part of the project is to use the kitties that are already out there in the world, not to create more. Just as we are against breeding cats while so many are in need of homes.
- Cats should be single cats (no salt shakers or candlestick holders please). We want each cat to be unique, like the cats that come into our shelter, so groups of kitties generally don’t work.
- Value: Cats shouldn’t be over $15. If your kitty is valuable, please keep it on your shelf! We’re looking for cats that need a little love and a “grooming” with some paint. We will be painting/changing the figurines – so please don’t donate anything that has sentimental value to you.
- Size: Cats should be between 3 and 12 inches. Any smaller and the tag won’t fit, any bigger and we’re moving into furniture territory.
All kitties will help fundraise for our homeless cats that come into our shelter daily! Contact Jessi at email@example.com or (515) 473-9126 to learn more. Donations can be dropped off at the Main Shelter, ATTN: Jessi.
Get your tickets!
Registration Fee: $30
Week of Registration Fee: $40
Can’t make it to this year’s Cat’s Meow but still want to sponsor a cat? Click here to make a donation and reference Cat's Meow.
In Memory of John Sunins