During the first intermission of the Buccaneers' game, the Bucs and the Animal Rescue League of Iowa will bring "wiener dog" racing to Des Moines once again! Dachshund owners will be able to enter their dogs into the race for a chance at prizes and to help raise funds for the animals at the ARL!
View the video and photos from last year's event by clicking here!
Cost: $15 per dog ($10 of registration fee directly to the ARL.) Doxie Dash participant tickets will be held on the Northeast side of Bucs Arena (the handicap entrance).
- Race is open to dachshunds (wiener dogs) only.
- Each entry includes admittance for 2 humans.
- For the race, one human will let their dog go from one end of the rink and the dog will run to their other human at the opposite end. The first to cross the finish line wins.
- Participants are allowed to bring props such as chew toys, balls, etc.
- Dogs must be up-to-date on all vaccinations and be at least six-months old.
- No female dogs in heat.
- Participants are allowed to bring food for their dog into the arena. However, no outside human food is permitted.
- Participants will be asked to arrive at the arena between 6:15-6:45 p.m. and will be instructed to go to a designated locker room until the race time.
- The Buccaneers and ARL reserve the right to prevent any dog (or human) from participating.
The winning dog will receive a prize package from the ARL’s Animal House Store.
Want to Watch the Bucs Game After the Race?
Entry in the Doxie Dash includes two game tickets.
Those who wish to watch the game must have their dog in a carrier and leave the dog in the designated locker room during the game. This locker room will have constant monitoring by security personnel. No dogs are allowed in the seating area.
Not participating in the race and want to watch the game?
Purchase your discounted tickets below. $6 from each ticket benefits the animals at the ARL. If you are purchasing a discounted ticket from the ARL to watch the game, you will need to pick them up at will call at Buccaneer Arena.
Register your Doxie: Click here to have your doxie participate in the race.
Game Tickets: Click here to purchase tickets to the game only.