In an effort to reduce costs and improve operations, the Animal Rescue League of Iowa seeks in-kind donations of new or gently used supplies and product. If you would like to make a donation not on this list, please send description (and photo preferred) to Mick McAuliffe at email@example.com.
At ARL Main (5452 NE 22nd St, Des Moines) is preferred (due to storage abilities) but donations can be dropped off at ARL West or ARL South if it is the only option.
Have the donations shipped directly to the ARL. Check out our full Amazon.com Wish List! Don't forget to sign in to Amazon Smile to have .05% of your purchase benefit the Animal Rescue League of Iowa!
- Canned dog food
- Dry adult dog food
- Dry puppy food
- Hot dogs (for dog training)
- Peanut butter (creamy) (no peanut butter containing xylitol, please)
- Small, soft treats
- KONGS - Large
- Nylabones - Large
- Stainless steel food/water bowls
- Beds (no microfoam, please)
- Flea/tick preventative (please send to "ATTN: Medical")
- Heartworm preventative (please send to “ATTN: Medical”)
- Boomer Balls (6"+)
- Wire crates
Small Animal Care
- Rabbit food
- Rabbit litter
- Small animal food for all species (hamsters, gerbils, rats, mice, guinea pigs, chinchillas, ferrets)
- Timothy Hay
Rescue Ranch Care
- Horse feed (Purina Strategy)
- Woodshavings (no cedar, please)
- Mineral or salt blocks
- Muck buckets
- Good quality square grass hay bales
- Stall fans (box fans)
- Rope halters
- Lead ropes
- Glass cleaner
- Paper towels
- Paper plates
- Plastic grocery bags (used as poop bags)
- Shoe boxes
- Latex gloves
- Laundry detergent (high efficiency)
- Dish soap
- Trash bags (20 gallon or larger)
- Frebreeze Noticeables refills (for adoption areas)
- Post-It notes
- White copy paper
- 2-Way Radio Carrying Case
- Lamination Tape
- Clear Lamination Tape
- Pre-paid gasoline cards (for animal transport vehicles)
- Tools (hand, power, garden)
- RV (to convert into mobile adoption vehicle)
- Batteries (AA, AAA, D, C, 9V)
- Acrylic yarn, size P crochet hooks, & size 13 or 15 knitting needles (for Kittin' for Kittens Club to make beds for the kitties at the ARL)
- Fleece fabric (for cat hammocks and cat toys)
- Gift cards to pet supply stores, Hy-Vee, and Wal-Mart
- Acrylic paint (for cat hammocks)
- Pipe cleaners (for cat toys)
- Craft paint brushes
- Foam craft brushes
- Collars (new or used; no prong collars or choke chains, please)
- Leashes (nylon, leather, or canvas)
- Dog houses
- Breakaway cat collars
- Dog brushes
- Cat combs
- Nail clippers for dogs and cats
Please do NOT donate the following:
- Newspapers - We currently have more than enough.
- Washcloths - We currently have more than enough.
- Puppy Pads - We currently have more than enough.
- Towels - We currently have more than enough.
- Milkbones - We currently have more than enough.
- Bird food - We currentlyhave more than enough.
- Wire rabbit cages
- Pine bedding
- Microfoam beds
- Prong collars/choke chains
- Tennis balls
- Prescription medicines or vaccines
Contributions to the Animal Rescue League of Iowa are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. If you have any questions about donating, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-473-9107.