In an effort to reduce costs and improve operations, the Animal Rescue League of Iowa seeks in-kind donations of new or gently used supplies and product. If you would like to make a donation not on this list, please send description (and photo preferred) to Mick McAuliffe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At ARL Main (5452 NE 22nd St, Des Moines) is preferred (due to storage abilities) but donations can be dropped off at ARL West or ARL South if it is the only option.
Have the donations shipped directly to the ARL. Check out our full Amazon.com Wish List!
Small Animal Care
- Small animal food for all species (hamsters, gerbils, rats, mice, guinea pigs, chinchillas, ferrets)
- Rabbit food
- Timothy Hay
- Bird food (parakeet, cockatiels, finches, parrots, etc.)
Barn Buddy Care
- Horse feed (Kent Equestrian Choice or Purina Strategy)
- Mineral or salt blocks
- Muck Buckets
- Square hay bales (good horse quality)
- Bath towels (full size)
- Mattress pads (cut off elastic, please)
- Glass cleaner
- Paper towels
- Paper plates
- Plastic grocery bags (used as poop bags)
- Latex gloves
- Laundry detergent (high efficiency)
- Dish soap
- Trash bags (20 gallon or larger)
- Frebreeze Noticeables refills (for adoption areas)
- Post-It notes
- White copy paper
- Pre-paid gasoline cards (for animal transport vehicles)
- Tools (hand, power, garden)
- RV (to convert into mobile adoption vehicle)
- Batteries (AA, AAA, D, C, 9V)
- Acrylic yarn, size P crochet hooks, & size 13 or 15 knitting needles (for knittin' for kittens club to make beds for the kitties at the ARL)
- Gift cards to pet supply stores, Hy-Vee, and Wal-Mart
- Collars (new or used; no prong collars or choke chains, please)
- Leashes (nylon, leather, or canvas)
- Dog houses
- Breakaway cat collars
- Dog brushes
- Cat combs
- Nail clippers for dogs and cats
Please do NOT donate the following:
- Newspapers - We currently have more than enough.
- Washcloths - We currently have more than enough.
- Wire rabbit cages
- Microfoam beds
- Prong collars/choke chains
- Tennis balls
- Medicines or vaccines
Contributions to the Animal Rescue League of Iowa are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. If you have any questions about donating, e-mail email@example.com or call 515-473-9107.