HOW TO ADOPT: This cat is participating in our Shelter Cat Getaway foster program, which gives cats a vacation from the shelter and lets them enjoy home life while they wait to be adopted. To schedule a time to meet this cat, please contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org or Carol at email@example.com.
- Sweet cat who will rub on your legs then flop over and show you her tummy
- Active and playful - loves her toys
- More of a companion cat than a cuddler; prefers to be with you as you go about your day but is not a cat who needs to be on you
- Looking for a mature home
- Will be happiest as an only cat
- Was diagnosed with bladder stones and the stones appear to have dissolved thanks to a prescription urinary-health diet; we recommend continuing that special diet to prevent reoccurrence (more info at ARL)
This cat has shown signs of overstimulation while in the shelter. Lots of handling, playing with hands, and excessive petting can cause them to overstimulate, which can result in scratching and/or biting. This cat is looking for experienced cat owners who will watch this cat's body language while interacting to note signs of overstimulation (tail waving, fur rippling, dilated pupils, ears turned back and quick body movements) and be willing to respect their boundaries. This cat will also benefit from interactive toys such as wands and ball spinners while playing. We are happy to speak with you more when you visit and can provide post-adoption resources. If you can give this cat mental stimulation, patience and space when they need it, please consider adopting! They would love to be your sidekick and buddy for life!
View All Cats For Adoption