Offering people an opportunity to interact with an animal can truly make a difference in their physical and mental health. It has been observed that visits from therapy animals can assist in lowering blood pressure, treating depression and anxiety, improving physical and mental stimulation, and enhancing quality of life.
When inviting ARL TheraPets into your facility, you can be confident the volunteer/pet team has been appropriately trained and certified. Before their first visit, volunteers attend mandatory training to ensure they are prepared for the work they will be doing as a team. The safety and comfort of the people we serve and our TheraPets teams is of greatest importance to us.
About TheraPets Visits
- Human volunteers are 18 or older and have completed comprehensive training.
- Pet volunteers, with their handlers, have passed the TheraPets assessment which meets or exceeds national standards.
- The schedule of visits is agreed upon by the facility and TheraPets team, based on the volunteer team’s availability.
- Visits happen on-site at your facility and last approximately one hour.
- Ongoing support is provided for both the facility and the TheraPets team to solidify a positive working relationship.
Interested in bringing ARL TheraPets to your workplace for a visit?
Fill out this form to get started!
“The residents at 3801 Grand are thrilled with the visits from the ARL’s TheraPets. We have had a variety of different breeds of dogs visit and beautiful cats. Some of the dogs perform tricks for us and others just enjoy being petted as much as we enjoy petting and interacting with them. The cats have been so much fun to have sit on our laps and purr. All of the animals have been very well behaved and obviously trained as therapy animals. You just can’t put into words the enjoyment everyone in the community has experienced with our TheraPets visits. Thank you so much Cat for bringing the ARL’s TheraPets program to 3801 Grand!”
-Terri Tripp, Activity Director 3801 Grand