10:30am - 1:30pm
ARL Main, Kruidenier Second Chance Ranch
5452 NE 22nd Street
Des Moines, IA 50313
Carrie Spain (email@example.com)
Meet adoptable barn pets and learn about the ARL's barn program by joining us at the annual Help a Horse Home event!
This family-friendly event will feature a demonstration by the Wild Wood Hills Ranch drill team, time to meet some of our adoptable horses and other barn pets, and a chance to learn about all the great things happening at the Second Chance Ranch.
This event is FREE of charge, but we do ask that you RSVP. If you'd like to make a difference in the life of a pet at the ARL, sponsor a pet for as little as $15!
- Admission - FREE
- Horse Blankets - $10
- Saddle Pads - $5
We will be hosting a Blanket Wash to help raise funds for the barn pets in our care. For a small fee, we will wash and dry them for you!
Attendees will have the option to participate in the following activities:
- Pet-A-Pig for a free will donation OR bring a snack donation for the pigs! Appropriate snacks for the pigs are:
- Romaine lettuce (please no iceburg)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Baby Carrots
- Meet adoptable horses and other barn pets
- Purchase a root beer float to enjoy while you are visiting
- Watch the Wild Wood Hills Ranch drill team perform
- Participate in the Blanket Wash
- Learn about fostering a horse or barn pet
- Shop the Second Chance Ranch Tack Shop for gently used, new, or like new items
- Participate in kid-friendly activities
- Scavenger hunt - with a chance to win a small prize!
- Stick horse races
- Roping activity
Make an even bigger impact by bringing an in-kind donation from our Fetch! List.
RSVP for Event
All event attendees are required to wear a mask when not sitting at their seat and are strongly encouraged to practice current recommended safety guidelines as-appropriate for each individual including (but not limited to) social distancing of 6 feet or more and hand washing. If you have questions about our COVID-19 safety measures, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets are non-refundable.