Give a dog a day out of the shelter!
Come to the ARL any day between 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and take an adoptable dog on a field trip! Take them on a walk, to go get a special treat, or spend the day however you'd like!
How It Works
- Pick up a dog from the front desk at ARL Main any day between 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Just fill out some paperwork and go on your way!
- Spend the afternoon with the dog of your choice.
- Bring the dog back to ARL Main by their curfew, 30 minutes prior to closing (7:30 p.m. on weekdays and 5:30 p.m. on weekends).
Help The Dog Meet Adopters!
Each dog will wear an "Adopt Me" vest to let everyone they meet know they are available for adoption. We encourage you to take photos to share on social media or with ARL staff! Use #arliowa or #arldogsdayout to help your post reach even more people. We'd also love to hear what you learned about the dog while on your field trip! Are tennis balls their favorite toy? Do they enjoy going for car rides? What else did you learn? Everything you share helps us match the dogs with their potential forever home. Photos and stories from your adventures can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Dogs are not to meet other dogs while off-site. This will ensure each individual dog is set up for success at all times.
- Dogs will not be available for Dogs Day Out during ARL adopt-a-thons.