6:15pm - 10:00pm
7201 Hickman Road
Urbandale, IA 50322
Chris Hubbard (email@example.com)
The Bucs will be taking on the Youngstown Phantoms and your Doxie will have the chance to take on other Doxies on the ice!
During the first intermission of the Buccaneers' game, the Bucs and the Animal Rescue League of Iowa will bring "wiener dog" racing to Des Moines once again!
Dachshund owners will be able to enter their dogs into the race for a chance at prizes and to help raise funds for the animals at the ARL!
Participants: Doxie registration and two human tickets = $20. The Buccaneers will donate $14 from each participant ticket to the ARL. There will be a designated seating area for participants, so you are welcome to stay and watch the game after the dash.
RULES OF THE DOXIE DASH
- Race is open to dachshunds (wiener dogs) only.
- Each entry includes admittance for (2) humans 18 years of age or older.
- For the race, one human will let their dog go from one end of the rink and the dog will run to their other human at the opposite end. The first to cross the finish line wins. Their will be 2 preliminary heats (top 5 dogs in each heat will advance) and a final heat (10 dogs will advance to the final heat).
- Participants are allowed to bring props such as chew toys, balls, etc.
- Dogs must be up-to-date on all vaccinations and be at least six-months old.
- No female dogs in heat.
- Participants are allowed to bring food for their dog into the arena. However, no outside “human” food is permitted
- Participants will be asked to arrive at the arena between 6:15pm-6:45pm at the Northeast entrance of Buccaneer Arena and will be instructed to go to a designated locker room until the race time (approx. 7:25pm)
- The Buccaneers and Animal Rescue League reserve the right to prevent any dog (or human) from participating
- Due to seating capacity limits, pets will not be allowed in the stands. Participants are welcome to bring crates to leave their pet in the designated locker room during the game. Participants will also be allowed to leave if they choose to take their pet home and return.
- Participants will be allowed to take their pet out for restroom breaks.
Space is limited to the first 40 doxies, so register today!