President of the Board & Sr. Administrator and Executive Advisor, Principal Life Insurance Company, Law Department
Carol joined Principal in 1985 and is currently the Senior Administrator and Executive Advisor, Law Department. Carol manages the Law Department, and has various responsibilities, including strategic planning, project management, budgeting, staffing, recruiting, hiring and human resources, business resumption, various IT systems, as well as a variety of other responsibilities.
- Bachelors in Corporate Communications from Simpson College, Indianola, Iowa
- Master in Public Administration Degree in Non Profit Management from Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa
- SHRM certification
Professional Associations/Volunteer Activities
- President, Board of Directors, Animal Rescue League of Iowa, Inc.
- Board Member, Animal Rescue League of Iowa Foundation
- Board Member, Iowa Federation of Humane Societies
- Chair, Raise Your Paw auction fundraiser for the Animal Rescue League of Iowa (hosts a sell out crowd of over 850 attendees and nearly 500 items)
- Formerly consultant and State Director for Iowa, Humane Society of the United States
- Named to the Business Record’s “Forty Under 40” in 2002
- Named a Business Record “Woman of Influence” in 2010
- Member of the Association of Legal Administrators; including Iowa chapter
Various certifications in animal welfare.