Vice President of the Board & Vice President of Development, Christensen Development
Chad Rasmussen has been at the forefront of the commercial real estate business, successfully assisting multiple companies and individuals throughout a multitude of industry fluctuations.
Chad joined Christensen Development in 2021. Chad has worked in commercial real estate since 1994 in various capacities such as development, asset management, brokerage and property management. Prior to joining the company, Chad worked as the Director of Asset Management with Kum & Go, overseeing the design and construction of the Krause Gateway Center, designed by Renzo Piano Building Workshop. His other duties focused on managing a portfolio of commercial, residential, office properties, and development land of approximately 450 properties valued at $400 million. In this role, Chad managed the team responsible for preserving and adding value to each asset through lease administration, managing operating costs, marketing and leasing activities, and divesting surplus properties.
- BA in mathematics from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- Master of Public Administration from Drake University
- CCIM designation
Professional Associations/Volunteer Activities
- Vice President of the board for the Animal Rescue League of Iowa, Inc.
- President of the board of directors for WesleyLife
- Board member for the Des Moines Water Works Foundation
- Past member of the Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute – Class of 2002-2003
- Recipient of the Des Moines Business Record “40 under 40”, 2003