President & CEO, Knapp Properties
Chris Costa began his career with Knapp Properties in 1997 and currently serves as its President and CEO. After earning his undergraduate degree from the University of Iowa in 1987, he joined the Des Moines office of Deloitte & Touche, where he also attained the designation of Certified Public Accountant. In 1993, he joined Knapp Construction, a residential construction company, and served as its Chief Financial Officer. In 1997, Chris joined Knapp Properties.
Chris’ responsibilities include setting and leading company strategy, and oversight of all operations within Knapp Properties, LC, including brokerage, property management, development, and administration.
Chris was a member of the 2007-2008 Greater Des Moines Leadership Class. In addition to his activities at Knapp Properties, Chris currently serves on many local boards.
- Chairman of the Greater Des Moines Partnership Economic Development Board
- Executive Committee for the Greater Des Moines Partnership Board
- Easterseals Iowa Chairperson
- Prairie Meadows Board of Director
- Animal Rescue League of Iowa, Inc. Board Member
- ICON Water Trails Board Member
- Great Outdoor Foundation Board Member
- Iowa State Bank Board Member
- DMACC Foundation Board Member
- West Des Moines Plan and Zoning Commissioner
- Dallas County Local Housing Trust Board Member
- Greater Des Moines Partnership Development Council
- University of Iowa Reach Board Member