Looking for a pet? Download the ARL's app to receive notifications when a pet comes available that fits your critera! You will also find the ARL's hours and locations, upcoming events, ARL Animal Connection podcast, and more!
This app can be found in the Google Play and iTunes app stores. With this system, you can receive notifications by species, breed, pet age, and pet gender!
Follow the instructions below to download and set notifications to find your next pet!
- Go to Google Play* or iTunes App store and search for “Animal Rescue League of Iowa”.
- Install the ARL of IA app.
- Once installed, open the app and click “Pet Notifications” in the orange button below the photos.
- Click the plus sign in the top right corner to add a notification.
- Choose your pet preferences by selecting species, breed, gender, age – and any combination of those.
- Click save in the bottom right corner.
- Repeat starting at step 4 to add more notifications.
Make sure your notifications are turned on for the ARL app in your phone settings. When a pet matches your specifications, you’ll receive a notice that will take you directly to the pet’s information. You may also search for pets on the app (and online). Adoptable animals are updated every half hour on the app.
- Animals may only include info about age, breed, and sex at the time you receive a notification. If you’re interested in the pet based on the info available, we'd encourage you to visit the animal in person. Many of our pets are adopted very quickly, and it's not unusual for pets to be adopted before bios are ever written.
- The ARL's shelter software requires that we choose a primary breed for our dogs. Visual breed identification in dogs is unreliable, so for most dogs we are only guessing at primary breed. We get to know each dog as an individual and do our best to describe each of our dogs based on personality, not breed label.
* The ARL of IA app may not work on some Android phones. We are working on a fix and are sorry for any inconvenience.