6:00pm - 10:00pm
Wells Fargo Arena
233 Center St
Des Moines, IA 50309
Does your corgi have what it takes to be a champion?
Bring them down to watch the Iowa Barnstormers on April 14th and find out!
At half-time of the Barnstormers vs. Nebraska Danger game, corgis and their owners will take the field to race against each other until the fastest corgi emerges victorious! Registration is only $25 per corgi which includes two human tickets, and $15 from this price will go directly to the homeless pets at the ARL. Once the chase is finished, corgis are invited to stay and watch the game with their owners. If you don't have a corgi but would like to attend, you can still buy tickets through the ARL website for $10, and 50% of individual ticket sales will go to the ARL.
1. Race is open to all Corgis and mixed-breed Corgis!
2. Each entry includes admittance for 2 humans. Each dog must have 2 humans accompanying them.
3. For the race, one human will let their dog go from one end of the field and the dog will run to their other human at the opposite.
4. There will be 4 heats in the first round. 2 Winners will be chosen from each heat to participate in the finals, first to cross the finish line in the finals wins the prize!
5. Participants are allowed to bring props such as chew toys, balls, etc.
6. Dogs must be up-to-date on all vaccinations and be at least six-months old.
7. No female dogs in heat.
8. Participants are allowed to bring treats for their dog into the arena. However, no outside human food is permitted.
9. Upon arrival, humans will receive a race packet which will tell them when and where they will need to be available with their dogs. It is up to the humans to make sure the dog is where it needs to be in order to race.
10. There will be a quieter room for any Corgis that are feeling stressed due to the amount of noise in the stadium.
11. The Barnstormers and the ARL reserve the right to prevent any dog (or human) from participating.
12. Only dogs that are participating will be allowed in the arena for this game.
13. Ticket cut off date for dogs and humans is Tuesday, April 10.
*Please note that this event is intended to be a non-competitive fundraiser for the ARL! Prizes will be less than $30 in value
There are a limited number of corgi tickets available, so sign up now to reserve your spot!
CHECK OUT THE VIDEOS BELOW OF OUR 2017 CORGI CHASE!