The Animal Rescue League of Iowa is a perfect place to celebrate your child's birthday! Two hours of animal-filled fun and learning will leave guests with plenty of memories from the special day.
Birthday Paw-ty Package ($220)
2 hours of activities led by an ARL educator. Activities include a shelter tour, a mock-adoption with a plush toy for each guest to take home, and animal-themed games. The paw-ty also includes:
- An additional half hour for your personal birthday celebration
- A souvenir plush dog that all guests sign for the birthday child
- An activity to adopt a plush cat or dog. All child guests leave with their "adopted" pet and adoption certificate
- Face painting
- A special visit from an animal guest
- Printable invitations
- $100 of your total party cost is a tax-deductible donation to the ARL
- Families are welcome to bring their own food, decorations and beverages.
- The maximum number of guests is 10 children (including the birthday child) and five adults. Up to 2 additional children may be added to the party at a cost of $10 per child (you can purchase these extra spots at the bottom of the registration page). Additional spots must be purchased in advanced to ensure we have enough supplies. Due to space and resources, the maximum of 10 children (or up to 12 if purchased in advance) and five adults is strictly enforced.
- Children attending must be 6 years of age or older (siblings of the birthday child who are under 6 years of age are invited to attend as long as the total number of children participating in the activities is under 10, or 12 if additional spots are purchased).
- Reservations are required to be made at least two weeks in advance for all parties. Our birthday party schedule often fills up several weeks in advance.
Please note: For those with peanut allergies, peanut butter and other peanut products are present throughout the premises.
Paw-ty Dates & Times Available
- Fridays, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Saturdays & Sundays, 11 a.m-1 p.m., 1:30-3:30 p.m., 4-6 p.m.
Setup: you can arrive up to 15 minutes prior to the start of your party.
Help the Animals
Have guests bring birthday presents in the form of donations to the ARL! Click here for a current list of our most-needed items.
- 20 minutes: Face paint & name tags
- 10 minutes: Animal Charades
- 15 minutes: Shelter Tour
- 30 minutes: Adopt a plush cat or dog
- 5 minutes: Group photos
- 10 minutes: Visit from animal
- 30 minutes: Guests sign souvenir dog for party child, and free time to sing happy birthday, open presents, eat cake, etc.
Cancellation/Date Change Policy
Due to the limited number of parties available each day, cancellations and date changes limit other families from reserving party times. Because of this, we are happy to honor date change requests ONLY if received four weeks prior to the original reservation date. Refunds will not be given for parties that need to change a date outside of the four-week window, or that need to cancel altogether. In that event, the reservation fee will be receipted as a 100% donation. Thanks for your understanding!