The purpose of the Shelter Rabbit Getaway (SRG) program is to give long-term ARL resident rabbits, or rabbits that need a special break, a chance to get into a home and out of the shelter and enjoy the in-home life they deserve.
Shelter Rabbit Getaway Details
- The ARL will continue to promote each rabbit through the normal adoption channels, including the website and media, but vacation homes are encouraged to find adopters to send to the ARL, too!
- A dedicated Facebook fan page has been created for Shelter Getaway hosts to network, share photos, best practices, ask questions and more!
- Host families are encouraged to keep the ARL updated on what you observe about the rabbit(s) so we can better promote them to permanent adopters.
How It Works
The ARL will:
- Provide healthy, adoptable rabbits for you to temporarily house
- Microchip each rabbit
- Recommend which rabbit(s) will fit your current household as well as provide integration advice for any current pets
- Provide cage & litterbox
Getaway providers will:
- Commit to housing until adoption - rabbits can either be introduced to current pets or have a private room if they have a travel buddy
- Sign foster home agreement
- Provide supplies needed (i.e. food, litter, hay, toys, etc.)