Interested in volunteering at the ARL but want to try it out first? Then public volunteering is for you!
As a public volunteer, you'll work with our team to accomplish essential tasks, such as laundry and cleaning, that contribute to the well-being of the pets. We will provide on-the-job training, and you'll be able to work in a variety of areas at the shelter.
If you are a student who needs to complete less than 48 volunteer hours and would like to do so at the ARL, please sign up for public volunteering shifts to complete your hours.
Although we love humans of any age, the age requirements to volunteer at the ARL are below:
- 10-15: must volunteer with a guardian
- 16-17: legal guardian must sign the volunteer waiver
- 18+: no parental requirements
Below are some steps to guide you along your public volunteering journey!
- Click "Create a Volunteer Profile" below to get started!
- Fill out a quick form to create your profile.
- Under the Opportunities Calendar tab on your profile, sign up for a shift on a day and time that works for you.
- After creating your profile, you will get an email with further directions pertaining to your volunteer experience.
Ready to get started?
Create a Volunteer Profile