Interested in volunteering at the ARL but want to try it out first? Then public volunteering is for you!
As a public volunteer, you will work with staff to accomplish janitorial tasks around the shelter! All tasks, big or small, are equally important and each one contributes to the well-being of the pets in our care. We will provide training on the job and you will be able to work in a variety of areas of the shelter.
If you are a student who needs to complete less than 48 hours and would like to do so at the Animal Rescue League of Iowa, please complete those hours by signing up for public volunteering shifts.
Although we love humans at any age, the age requirements to volunteer at the Animal Rescue League of Iowa are below:
- 10-15: must volunteer with a guardian
- 16-17: legal guardian must sign the volunteer waiver
- 18+: no parental requirements
Below are the steps to guide you along your public volunteering journey!
- Click on the Create a Volunteer Profile to get started!
- Fill out the quick and easy form that will create your volunteer profile
- Under the Opportunities Calendar tab on your profile, sign up for a shift during the day and time that works best for you!
- After creating your profile, you will get an email with further directions pertaining to your volunteer experience.
Ready to get started?
Create a Volunteer Profile