Thank you for your interest in organizing and hosting your own fundraiser to benefit the Animal Rescue League of Iowa (ARL)!
If you would like to host a supply drive for the ARL, click here for our Fetch! List of items that we need the most.
If you would like to host an event, promotion, or other fundraiser, please review the following guidelines.
Contact Stephanie Filer, Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for requests related to your fundraiser.
Third Party Fundraiser Guidelines
The ARL is incredibly grateful for the number of businesses, community groups, and individuals that host fundraisers to benefit the homeless pets each year! Due to the number of requests we receive and the limited resources we have to fulfill these requests, we evaluate each request on a case-by-case basis to determine what our level of involvement can be.
To request ARL participation or promotion of your fundraiser, please complete the form below.
Due to the number of requests we receive, the ARL may not always be able to:
- Promote your event
- Staff a booth at your event
- Supply animals for your event
In order to assure that the ARL's name, image, and reputation are properly represented, we ask that all third-party fundraisers abide by the following.
- The logo for the Animal Rescue League of Iowa or any of its events cannot be duplicated without expressed, written consent and can never be altered either by color, font or image. Email Ashley to request the approved logo for third-party events.
- While we may be able to provide guidance for your event, we do not have the personnel to handle the organizational and administrative tasks associated with third-party events. Therefore, you are responsible for all details of the event including: underwriting all of the related costs, recruiting volunteers to help out at the event, creating flyers to publicize the event, working at the actual event.
- The event must be promoted in a manner to avoid statements or the appearance of ARL endorsing any product, firm, organization, individual, or service. The Animal Rescue League of Iowa, Inc. is not the sponsor, but the "beneficiary" of the event.
- The name and logo must be used in accordance with ARL's graphic standards.
- In accordance with our Better Business Bureau Gold Standard rating, all promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds or dollar amount that will benefit the ARL. (i.e. NOT "a portion of the proceeds.")
- The ARL should receive a list of targeted sponsors for the event before they are approached to minimize overlap with other ARL events and/or fundraising campaigns that may be underway, if applicable.
- The ARL can provide marketing materials and donation banks for pick-up with advanced notice.
- Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all permits, especially those for raffles and/or games of chance.
- Event organizers must obtain their own liability insurance to cover the event. ARL is not financially liable for the promotion and/or staging of third-party events.
- Under no circumstances should third-party event revenue and expenses flow through ARL books. Only the final net proceeds from the event are to be processed by ARL.
- The event must support the mission of the organization. (The Animal Rescue League of Iowa, Inc. reserves the right to determine what is not in keeping with our mission.)
- It is up to you to understand the federal, state and local laws governing fundraising. (Remember, the Animal Rescue League of Iowa, Inc. cannot bear any liability or responsibility for your event.)
Third Party Fundraiser Request Form